7.06.2010

pineapple sage breakfast

Thanks to a great post by the lovely Ms. Fern (@LifeOnTheBlcny) I knew exactly what to do with the abundance of pineapple sage I had after clipping back an excessive amount of new growth (the pineappley-est part of the plant)  First I made a pineapple sage loaf (recipe can be found here) with most of the clipped herbs along with honey, pineapple, and lemon peel.   Then after a quick trip to the market to get some fruit I made a pineapple sage smoothie.  All this was done before 8am and put me in the mood for a highly productive day!
Piney-tang Smoothie 
as much chopped pineapple sage as you have/want
large handful strawberries (tops off)
1 can of crushed pineapple
2 peeled kiwis
juice of 1 lemon
lots of ice
blend all ingredients to desired consistency, add water or juice if necessary

1 comment: