My Stupice tomato seeds sprouted! I'm soooooooo very excited!! These are the first plants I've grown from seeds that I saved myself :) and I have so many more types & varieties coming in the next weeks!
The history of these lil sprouted seedlings?
- Linda Crago from Tree and Twig Heirloom Vegetable Farm came to visit our class and gave us the first Stupice seeds to set off our research.
- We started growing the first round of tomatoes as seedlings at the Niagara College greenhouse.
- They were transplanted and grown out in the Niagara College research greenhouse.
- Running out of space on our research bench, I brought the first set of seedlings home around Christmas.
- In February, when the plants had grown huge and taken over the research greenhouse,
- A few weeks later, both sets were producing their first tomatoes!
- I saved as many seeds as I could from the earliest (but also the tastiest) tomatoes.
- Both sets of plants have continued to produce so many tomatoes...
- That I decided to try my hand at taking them to the farmers market!
- Then, yesterday... it came full circle!The seeds I had saved and planted a few weeks ago sprouted :)