11.27.2011

(repost) farmers market roses

I wrote this post last year, when I was less busy with school but I'm reposting it this year because I still read Karen's blog: ArtOfDoingStuff and I still always try to have flowers about the house :)


Thanks to Karen (@artofdoingstuff) my half dozen roses look twice as full as they usually would in this heirloom mason jar. I totally agree:

The biggest mistake I used to make when arranging roses was NOT cutting the stems enough.  The same gene that makes us afraid to hammer nails into our walls,  has been scientifically proven to be the same gene that instils terror when we attempt to chop off a rose stem.  I think. 

Following Karen's instructions,
I lopped off a whole lot of the stem (under running water is a good idea!), bound the bunch together with floral tape and gently nestled it into the mouth of the jar. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment