I have a million re-usable shopping bags floating around my house now and a shortage of fabric so I figured I'd put them to good use. Using a flower template by the author of Sweater Surgery (a book I take out constantly from the library) I cut out flower shapes of varying sizes from a white cotton bag and a two blue/black heavier canvas-y bags.
The white cotton flowers were used to cover up an NHL Draft logo on an otherwise very cute black v-neck shirt that my dad gave me a while ago. You can still sorta see the logo from one side, but I think its much less obvious than a solid patch-job. I also gave my sewing machine a workout trying the various types of stitching (I recently had it repaired).
From the heavier bag's cloth I made a cute little pillow with black flowers. Since I only have white thread at the moment I sewed everything up and then used blue and black sharpies to disguise my white thread! It actually turned out just fine :)