9.25.2010

mod podge mini pumpkins

The farmers market had some fantabulously coloured mini pumpkins today and so my fall decorating has begun in ernest!  Kimberly posted a charming tutorial on her Bugaboo Blog explaining how to make this mod podged mini pumpkins for fall and halloween decor.  I wanted to make something I can place out now for festive colour that will also have a more  sinister feel as we get into October.  I picked out pumpkins in great white, orange and green and used tissue paper that has a darker essence with rich purple/gold on some and black letters on others but isn't distinctly halloween-y so I can put them out now.  Kimberly covers her whole pumpkins in tissue, but I wanted the vivid original colours to be hilighted.

2 comments:

  1. wow! I love yours! They are stunning! That green one is my favorite. :) Thank you for linking back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on mod podging, extremely good eye and concept!

    ReplyDelete