8.11.2010

PORTER - A More Civilized Way to Travel

Those racoons sure know what they're talking about! Porter Airlines is definitely the best way to get around these days, and I'm glad I chose them for my flight to Thunder Bay! Starting off our trip early in the morning on public transit (St. Catharines Transit -> GO Bus -> GO Train -> TTC) could have been a nightmare if we were trying to get to Pearson Airport.  However with a simple connection at Union Station to the Porter shuttle and a quick ferry ride we were into the airport in a third of the time it usually takes to get on a flight.  The terminal is bright and airy, simple to navigate, with a great view of the Toronto skyline.  The lounge  has  interesting aesthetics, comfortable semi-private seating and features a complimentary snack bar and wireless (not that I noticed much during my mad dash).  Despite arriving at the airport fairly late with a large number of temperature sensitive plants, we easily made it through security and onto the plane, as did all of our strange luggage.  
On board I recieved what I can only call genuine customer service, in a funny, friendly manner which was beyond helpful as flying makes me uncomfortable, dehydrated and headachy.  Its only a short flight so we didn't have a meal but beverages and snacks were served including tasty root vegetable chips, complimentary VQA wine and Steamwhistle beer - props for the healthy, local selections!  It sounds funny but my favourite part were the little waterbottles with a raccoon snorkeling!  I'm buying right into your marketing Porter, the raccoons are awesomely cute!!  From Blue Mountain to Mt. McKay, I almost enjoyed this flight - which is about as close as I'm ever gonna get to liking flying, and it sure beats spending a day and a half on a Greyhound Bus!
As I prefer to write blog posts that focus on positive experiences I have instead of trashy complainy ones about my bad experiences, I will simply say this:  My return flight on Air Canada through Pearson Airport was almost intolerable after my experience with Porter Airlines.  Discussing the differences in customer service would be like comparing apples and orangutans.  

No comments:

Post a Comment