4.10.2012

Full Circle Stupice Heirloom Tomatoes


My Stupice tomato seedlings are now transplants, living in my sunny windowsill!  These are the first plants I've grown from seeds that I saved myself :) and I have so many more types & varieties coming in the next few weeks.

The history of these lil sprouted seedlings?
    1. Linda Crago from Tree and Twig Heirloom Vegetable Farm came to visit our class and gave us the first Stupice seeds to set off our research.
    2. We started growing the first round of tomatoes as seedlings at the Niagara College greenhouse.
    3. They were transplanted and grown out in the Niagara College research greenhouse.
    4. Running out of space on our research bench, I brought the first set of seedlings home around Christmas.   
    5. In February, when the plants had grown huge and taken over the research greenhouse, I had to bring a few more plants home.     
    6. A few weeks later, both sets were producing their first tomatoes!
    7. I saved as many seeds as I could from the earliest (but also the tastiest) tomatoes.
    8. Both sets of plants have continued to produce so many tomatoes... 
    9. That I decided to try my hand at taking them to the farmers market!
    10. A few weeks ago... it came full circle!  The seeds I had saved and planted finally sprouted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment